The volunteers and staff involved with United Way NWT are proud of the work they are accomplishing in the three focus areas:
- From Poverty to Possibility;
- Healthy People, Strong Communities; and
- All That Kids Can Be.
We are always aiming to be a valuable support for non-profits all over the NWT, both offering financial assistance where it is most needed, but also by offering assistance in other areas such as volunteer recruitment, training, promotion and formal support.
Over the past 4 years, the United Way NWT has invested over $350,000 in non-profits across the Northwest Territories thanks to the generous donations of Northern employers and employees. We raise these funds mostly through our Payroll Giving Programs, which allow employees to give easily off their paycheque every pay period. Currently, we have formal campaigns in a variety of employers across the NWT including:
- Government of the Northwest Territories
- Government of Canada (through the Government of Canada Charitable Workplace Campaign)
- Major Banks: TD Bank, CIBC, RBC and BMO
If you’re interested in starting a campaign at your workplace, please contact us!